2017 English Channel swim

Friday, July 26, 2019

Lake Memphremagog Swim 2019

My next swim adventure will be a 25 mile swim of Lake Memphremagog starting in Newport,  Vermont and finishing in Magog, Canada.  This swim is part of the Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims.   The other two swims are Loch Ness in Scotland and Lake Tahoe in California.   Each swim has a legendary monster lurking below......I did not see Nessie in Scotland or Tessie in California.  My swim will be in search of Memphre.   The legend of Memphre continues in folklore of the area.   There is a history of sightings since the 18th century.    Will I see this legendary lake monster?      Perhaps, I will be lucky enough to get a glimpse of Memphre.
    My boat pilot is Phil White and I will be following the rules of the Northeast Kingdom Open Water Swimming Association.   The rules are like many other marathon swims associations:  start on dry land and finish on dry land.   No wetsuit or neoprene allowed.   Swimmer must wear a regulation swimsuit, cap, and goggles.  Swimmer cannot be touched.   Swimmer cannot touch boat during swim.   If my swim is successful, I will be the oldest person in history to complete the Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims.    My crew will consist of my sister-in-law Jean.......she has crewed many of my marathon swims.   I am looking forward to my 3 day slot date starting on Tuesday, July 30.
   My Spot Tracker will be activated ten minutes prior to the start of my swim.   The tracker will give updates every ten minutes in live time.   See the attached link below.
   Once I meet with my boat pilot, I will update my blog with start time of my swim.   I believe that it will take me about 18 hours to swim the length of Lake Memphremagog if conditions are good.   If the conditions are choppy, my swim will take much longer.
   Also, many of my friends know that I have been on a weight loss journey by following a healthy low carbohydrate food plan.   I plan to follow this approach during my swim by keeping my carbohydrates low.     This will be my very first marathon swim on this food plan.   I believe this approach will be successful because I have been training for nearly five months on low carbohydrates.
    My swim will be dedicated to my brothers' Robbie and Johnny.     Many thanks to all of my family and friends for their ongoing love and support.
Contact info:   patgallant.charette@gmail.com

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0cQzrQR4P1hdavSbg6TJMfDDuvmo3zfmv

No comments: