2017 English Channel swim

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Strait of Juan de Fuca

https://track.rs/nowsa/ 

On Sunday, July 14, 2024 I will attempt to swim across the Strait of Juan de Fuca between Vancouver Island (Canada) and the state of Washington (USA).  I will be following the rules of marathon swimming and Northwest Open Water Swimming Association.   My boat pilot will be Captain Andrew Noble, NOWSA observer Andrew Malinak, and swimmer crew Jean Murdoch-Gallant.  

My swim will start at approximately 7am Pacific Time.   Attached is the tracker link.   The observer will activate it moments before the start of my swim.

 I expect this swim to be very challenging due to very cold water temperature.    Port Angeles (Washington) water buoy had a water temperature of 49.8 today.    Yikes!   I will swim with a traditional swimsuit.   NO WETSUIT or neoprene allowed.

   At the age of 73, I am looking forward to another swim adventure.   

  

No comments: