2017 English Channel swim

Monday, May 20, 2013

Children's Book....Looking for a Publisher.

  One of my favorite marathon swims in the world occurred off the Coast of California.  I have written a children's book on this heartwarming true story. It is called, "Catalina...Oh, my!" An Adventure Story.   My daughter Sarah is co-writer. My crew member Jean illustrated the 32 page picture book for children ages 4 to 8.   And, now the difficult part...publishing.  I need your help finding a publisher.  I looked into self publishing but I decided not to go that route.  So, I am in the process of looking for a reputable publishing company in the United States. Most companies will not accept unsolicited manuscripts. 
  Synopsis of story:        
  Meet Grandma Pat and travel along with her and her boat crew as she swims the Catalina Channel and encounters many of the birds and sea creatures that live in and around the channel.  Grandma Pat begins her swim from Catalina Island with greetings from sea lions, pelicans, flying fish, dolphins, and even a spouting whale.  Her crew member and illustrator captures these enchanting scenes in beautifully detailed drawings.  As Grandma Pat swims 21 miles from Catalina Island to the mainland of California, she swims over a giant kelp forest, hears the gentle singing of whales, and she is startled by a large gray shadow beneath her.  The concept of team work, the spirit of adventure, and environmental protection is artfully woven in this true adventure story.  When Grandma Pat is near the end of her swim, she is surprised by the spectacular heartwarming welcoming of nearly 100 dolphins who swam with her to the shoreline.  Enjoy the magical beginning and ending of Grandma Pat's marathon swim and all the adventures in between.
  Contact information:  patgallant.charette@gmail.com

3 comments:

sueat3 said...

It sounds great to me. Would you like me to have the 4 second grade classes at my school read it to their classes? A test drive so to speak. Everyone is finishing the year with a unit on the Ocean

pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pat said...

Thank you for your offer. So far, I have had several school teachers and classes critique "Catalina..Oh, my!" and they love it. At this point, I'm hoping to send it to a publisher in the next few weeks. Thanks again.