2017 English Channel swim

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

It’s a Go!

Due to a recent change in weather, my swim will start tonight, Wednesday, July 31 at 11pm (Eastern Time Zone) from Newport, Vermont.  My boat pilot is the legendary Phil White.  He is highly respected and admired in the open water swim community.   His passion for promoting open water swimming is off the charts.  It’s a great honor to have him as my pilot.
   My Spot Tracker will post updates every 10 minutes during my swim,  click on the link below at 11pm tonight.     It is not activated until that time.  My sister-in-law Jean Murdoch-Gallant has been a fabulous crew member.   She is very well prepared to spend several hours observing my swim.   She will be monitoring my stroke count, feeds, etc.    Due to recent high air temperatures near 90 degrees and warm water of Lake Memphremagog,  we are prepared for possible hyperthermia.  Jean will be supplementing my liquids with electrolytes to prevent dehydration.  We have two coolers filled with ice (if needed).   Also,  I will be drinking plain water hourly.   I continue to plan to consume low carbohydrates during my feeds.  However, we have a backup plan of higher carbohydrates if needed.
   My swim will probably take 18+ hours to reach Magog, Canada.   If anticipated headwinds increase, my swim could add a few extra hours.
    Looking forward to this swim adventure.   Thank you to my family and friends for their ongoing love and support.

  https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0cQzrQR4P1hdavSbg6TJMfDDuvmo3zfmv

3 comments:

Wynne B said...

Best Wishes, Pat!!! Be safe. I saw on Instagram that you're dedicating this race to your brothers. What a powerful testament. You're living large in their memory. ❤️❤️❤️

Paula said...

Yeah!! No, again Yeah yeah!

James Arden said...

I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks Lifeguard recertification near me