2017 English Channel swim

Sunday, June 5, 2011

No News is Good News!

 Today is the first day that I have had some time in over a month to place a posting on my blog....very hectic schedule with swim training, working (32 hours a week as a nurse) and busy family life.  The old saying "no news is good news" fits this posting.... the good news is that my training is going very well for my next attempt at the English Channel in August.  Today I swam for five hours and weight lifted for 30 minutes... I've been training six days a week.  Three of those days are major training days and the other three days are easy.  My goal in the next two months is to continue to train hard and stay healthy.  Crew training is nearly complete....I am so excited to have my brother David, sister-in-law Jeannie, and nephews' Christopher and Kyle as my new crew.  Also, I have had several family members and friends helping to "spot" me when I swim.  I can't thank them enough...everyone has been so supportive. 

No comments: