2017 English Channel swim

Monday, February 25, 2019

Cook Strait swim...the wait begins.

Today I spoke with my boat pilot Philip Rush about my tentative swim day.   Gusty winds continue to be a problem in the Cook Strait.   No swim is scheduled for tomorrow.  I will update my blog daily.  Just a reminder that New Zealand is 18 hours ahead of  the Eastern Time Zone.   So, if my swim starts on Thursday at 7am in New Zealand,  the time zone in Maine (EST) would be 1pm on Wednesday.   Thank you everyone for sending words of encouragement and support.  It’s very much appreciated.

3 comments:

Leftmaine said...

Swim, Pat, swim. You know the drill. You will be completing a goal that you have planned on, worked for, and practiced for. If the winds curtail this swim, it may disappoint you, but it will not stop you. You will complete this swim. Cynthia

pat said...

Cynthia, Thank you for your kind words. I hope Mother Nature will be kind and send calm conditions.

Anonymous said...

Praying for perfect swimming conditions for you Pat. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think I want this for you as much as you do!!! Hiker says “Good luck Pat you can do this!!!!!!!!!” Swim smart, Swim Strong, Swim Safe”

Xoxoxo,
Robyn & Hiker