2017 English Channel swim

Thursday, February 28, 2019

It's a go!

It's a go!   My boat pilot Philip Rush called me moments ago to confirm that the weather pattern has improved.    I will start my swim within the next 12 hours.   If you are living in the Eastern Time Zone, my swim will start around 1pm on Thursday.    In New Zealand (18 hours ahead of EST) my swim will start around 7am on Friday morning.    The tracking link below will be activated 10 minutes prior to the start of my swim.   The link that I posted two weeks ago was deleted.  This SpotTracker will give live updates every 10 minutes.  Also, cookstraitswim.org will have another tracking device activated.   Please visit their website if there is a problem with my tracker. Philip Rush is not only the boat pilot but he is the official of this swim.   My son Tom will be my crew member.
This swim will be an adventure of a lifetime......especially at the age of 68 years and 27 days old.
Many thanks to my family and friends for their encouragement and support.   A special thank you to Suzi Boccanfuso for helping me to improve my stroke technique.  And, a huge thanks to my great friend and swim buddy Yoko Aoshima.
My daughter Sarah will post on Facebook.   She will not be updating my blog because the live tracker will be viewed instead.    Within 24 hours of completion of my Cook Strait, I will post an update regardless of the outcome.  Thank you everyone.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0IOiAzUoDTaxU4i2tgzD59O97OFY9Lei8

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck Pat. You can do this!

North Channel Swimming said...

Good luck. We will be watching from 1800hrs UK time. Go for it!

Leftmaine said...

I'll br praying for you, Pat. What a day!!! You are such a winner already!

Sodzig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Slaney said...

�� Good L☘️CK ������‍♀️ ❤️

Paula said...

Have a lovely swim, not too rough and peaceful thoughts. Will be checking in on you; this wonderful technology! Cheers!

Unknown said...

Swim strong Pat.. we are cheering for you!