2017 English Channel swim

Monday, July 27, 2015

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Swim cancelled for today

My crew and I met with my boat pilot Quinton Nelson a few minutes ago. He decided to cancel today's swim due to windy conditions. I appreciate his honesty and wise decision to postpone swim for another day. Tomorrow's forecast is rain and wind. I will meet with Quinton on Sunday evening for a possible swim on Monday. I will update my blog tomorrow night. Many thanks to everyone for sending me words of encouragement and support.....I greatly appreciate it.

Friday, July 24, 2015

It's a Go! Maybe....

I met with my boat pilot a few minutes ago. He's concerned with increasing winds expected later tonight. He recommended that we meet at boat dock at 5:30 a.m. (Ireland time zone) Saturday morning, July 25. Eastern Time Zone in Maine would be 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning.He will make his decision at that time.  If the swim starts, my crew member Jeannie will send text messages to my daughter. However, we have had many problems with sending text messages. Some messages are delivered 24 hours later. If text messaging becomes a problem, I will update my blog after the swim is complete. Keeping my fingers crossed for great conditions.