2017 English Channel swim

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Lake Windermere swim results

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018,  I successfully reached the finish line of Lake Windermere (12 miles) in England at the age of 67 years and 201 days.  My time was 7 hours and 38 minutes.  My fourth swim of the Stillwater 8 challenge.  My crew of David and Jeannie Gallant, and Jean Murdoch-Gallant were instrumental in my success.  They closely monitored my swim and never took any breaks.   They were absolutely amazing.  My boat pilot, Julie Bradshaw, was a tremendous help, too.  Julie has piloted many swimmers and knows the best route to swim.
Many thanks to my daughter Sarah for updating Facebook postings.   A huge thanks to my husband who has been extremely supportive of my swim adventures.  And thank you to my son Tom who encouraged me several years ago to try open water swimming.   My swim was a tribute to my brothers Robbie and Johnny, and to my mother.

Contact information:  patgallant.charette@gmail.com

No comments: