2017 English Channel swim

Friday, August 17, 2018

Update on Loch Ness swim

Due to windy conditions expected on Saturday, my swim will take place on Sunday sometime after 5am (Scotland time).  Scotland is five hours ahead of my home state of Maine.  Time in Maine will be sometime after midnight Saturday night (EST).  Because of northerly winds expected for Sunday, my swim will start at Lochend instead of Fort Augustus.  The finish line will be Fort Augustus.   The same rules of marathon swimming will apply to my Loch Ness swim....start on dry land and end on dry land, swimmer cannot be touched and cannot touch boat.  No neoprene.  Regular swimsuit and goggles must be worn.
  Please see previous post for link to my Spot Tracker.  It will be activated ten minutes prior to the start of my swim.   My crew of David, Jeannie, and Jean have been fabulous.  I’m so fortunate to have them crew for me.  Many thanks to my family and friends for their encouraging words of support.

No comments: