2017 English Channel swim

Monday, August 20, 2018

Loch Ness swim result

After swimming for 13 hours, 45 minutes, and 45 seconds,  I reached the finish line in Fort Augustus.  My crew David and Jeannie Gallant, Observer Jean Murdoch and boat pilot/observer Ryan Tozer were instrumental in my success.   They were incredible!  I can’t thank them enough.
My swim will be ratified by the Marathon Swimming Federation.   At the age of 67 years and 198 days I became the Oldest Person to swim the notorious Loch Ness.
   I was fortunate at the beginning of my swim to have a strong tail wind pushing me to the finish.  Mother Nature provided very good conditions.
  Many thanks to my family and friends for their ongoing encouragement and support.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my crew.  They were absolutely amazing.   Also, thank you to my daughter Sarah for posting updates on my swim.
Now, onto Lake Windermere in two days.
Contact information:  patgallant.charette@gmail.com

5 comments:

Leftmaine said...

Pat,
Congratulations on completing this swim and for gaining another world record! How do you choose your lakes, rivers, or oceans in which to swim? Are there certain swims others have done or are you choosing for other reasons? Do you plan out a month or year of swims? Are there any months that you don't swim, due to conditions? I'm also realizing there are two "Jean"s in your crew. You are such fun to cheer for!
Cynthia

pat said...

Thank you. I have a very long bucket list of swims. I have one more Oceans Seven swim....Cook Strait in New Zealand in 2019. There is another swim challenge in the marathon swim world called the Stillwater Eight challenge. I have completed 3 of the 8 swims located worldwide. I train all year long.....during the winter months I train at a local pool.

Algie Graffam Jr. said...

Congratulations Pat...You continue to amaze me...Class of 69 WHS
Algie

Unknown said...

That is incredible! Congratulations!

Linda Caron Dyer

rappers merch said...

Hi, Loch Ness swim result is amazing.