2017 English Channel swim

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

bad news/ good news

Date: July 22, 2009 4:05:53 PM EDT
My boat pilot said that the winds have decreased enough for a 10 hour window. Because I estimate that my swim will take 16 hrs plus, he recommended not to swim and advised to wait. I mentioned to him that I was flying out on Saturday and the last day of my slot ends tomorrow. He said very good conditions are predicted for Saturday and Sunday. Also, saying that he would take me over the week-end. After discussing this problem with my husband, Jim said to go for it. So guess what? I have cancelled my flight back to Maine and I'm staying for the weekend. I've been training for the past three years and I'm going for it.
This has certainly been a roller coaster ride for the past week---but I have learned in life that sometimes things work out for a reason. And I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who is very supportive of my dream

7 comments:

M said...

good man Jim

still got everything crossed for you here Pat...
you can do it

Mark x

Roger said...

Go Pat go! We are all behind you back here at Peak. We know you WILL do it!

Anonymous said...

Pat,
We are very excited for you. I cried when I read your last entry "bad news/good news". Would'nt Ethel be proud of her son, what a wonderful support to you.
Love, Linda Kilbride Reinholdtsen and Family

Anonymous said...

Pat,
You are the talk of the town and an inspiration to all who have dreams. We are proud to know you and your wonderful and loving family. Good luck and we will be thinking of you until your safe return.

Love and Best Wishes
Pauline Holloway and Family.

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog, and I am so pleased you're going to get your shot this weekend. We post all of the updates at the front desk here at the Y, and lots of members are avidly following your journey. Good luck!
Marjorie Stone

Anonymous said...

Good luck Pat. Aunt Pat and I are praying hard that all will be " GO" for this week-end. So happy that your brothers are able to be with you. God bless. We are rooting for you.
Aunt Betty

Anonymous said...

Pat,
I will continue to pray that you are able to swim and finish with no problems!Continue to believe and trust in God and he will lead you through!!!

missing you!!!
Pauline- bc2