2017 English Channel swim

Friday, July 17, 2009

Wicked Bad Weather (as they say in Maine)

July 17, 2009 3:41:41 PM EDT
I just received word from my boat pilot that all swims are cancelled for the weekend due to high winds. Many swimmers are going home tomorrow without a swim----very disappointing. The campground that I'm staying at overlooks the English Channel. We were able to see these massive waves crash over the bow of an oil tanker in the shipping lane. We tried to get video but it was to far away. My son returns to Maine on Monday to get back to work --so he will miss my chance to swim. My brothers arrive on Sunday morning for the last half of my slot. Hope your training is going well for the Peaks.
Pat

1 comment:

GetBackJoJo said...

By chance I met your brother at Kettle Cove today and he mentioned he was headed out to see you. Hope you get the go ahead to swim soon. Good luck!! You are an inspiration.