2017 English Channel swim

Monday, July 20, 2009

WAITING, AND WAITING AND WAITING

July 20, 2009 5:15:20 AM EDT
Another day of waiting. I have three days left of my ten day slot. And I hate to admit it, but I am starting to get VERY nervous that I won't have the opportunity to swim due to the weather. Each day I hear of one more swimmer who has departed from Dover without an attempt .
I'm trying to think positive-- I still have three more days of my slot.
Tonight at 8pm I will receive word from Reg about Tuesdays weather report. I've learned that the weather reports online about Dover is not accurate. One day we were having 50+ mph winds ,sunny and the weather report stated 25 mph and rainy. The locals joke about the weather similar to Maine----wait a minute and it will change.
Hope that you have good weather for Peaks to Portland.
Take care
Pat

1 comment:

Swimming for ME said...

Ugh! Hang in there and think positive!