2017 English Channel swim

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Final Hours

July 26, 2009 3:42:04 AM EDT
IF my swim occurs today at 1 PM, my crew and I will have to check-out from our campground today. We figured with a potential swim of 18 hrs and the boat ride back to Dover 3 hrs., we would have to depart for Heathrow after getting off the boat. My brothers fly out late on Monday and I fly out on Tuesday (I'm spending the night at a hotel near Heathrow). It's going to be a very tight schedule ----IF I swim. Current conditions are overcast skies, moderate wind, and the POTENTIAL of decreasing winds this afternoon. Tonight winds predicted 15 mph.
I am prepared for Reg's decision of "go" or "no go".
I will update you as soon as I hear from Reg.


Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,
Don't know if this will go through or not, but will try
What an ordeal for all concerned!!
We are so disappointed for you and can't begin to understand your feelings at this moment.
Your determination,enthusiasm,Patience,
resignation and perseverance have been and are admirable
God bless you and guide you and your brothers safely
Our love and prayers
Aunts Betty &Pat
P.S.Thanks for creating the blog.It's been great to be in touch every day

Tara Gallant said...

Aunt Patty!
I am so sorry your swim didnt happen This year. I know you have worked so hard to attempt this swim for the second time. I can see that your motivation and determination helped you get through the emotional roller coaster you must have endured. I admire you and your patience. I couldn't do all the waiting, like you did. I am so proud of you! I know you would have finished it, if you had the chance. WEather sucks! and unfortunatley we can't control it! Better luck for next year. I know you can do it!I am so proud of you. I love you!