2017 English Channel swim

Monday, August 15, 2011

Arrived in Dover

We arrived in Dover late last night.   I drove on the opposite side of the road for my very first time....AND WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!! Going through a rotary( turn-about) is more nerve racking that my upcoming Channel swim :-)    It's sunny with moderate winds.  I will be meeting with my boat pilot later to discuss my upcoming swim.  My slot is August 18 to the 28th. Also, I want to thank all my family and friends for their unending support of my endeavor.   And for some reason, I cannot access my "road runner" email account.  But I can access my gmail.  Please forward emails to patgallant.charette@gmail.com.   Don't forward to road runner account.  Thank you.  I will place another post tomorrow.  FYI time zone in England is 5 hours ahead of Maine...so if it's noon in Maine, it's 5 P.M. in Dover.

2 comments:

Henley18 said...

Good thing there are no rotaries in the channel.
Do you have any suggestions on a weather site to watch?
I am hoping Reg has a SPOT or similar GPS tracker.

Henley18 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.