2017 English Channel swim

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update on Dover

I spoke with my boat pilot Reg Brickell and we are going to meet on Wednesday evening to discuss my crossing.  Many swimmers are saying that Friday looks like favorable conditions.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a go for Friday.  It's been very windy in Dover.  This morning I swam in Dover Harbor along with crew members Kyle, David, and Chris.  It was fun, however my crew was in the water for a couple of minutes (thought it was too cold).  Water temperature was about 62 degrees.  We toured Dover Castle and traveled to Samphire Hoe (scenic overlook of the English Channel).  We are having a great time.

1 comment:

Virginia Wilder Cross said...

Thinking of all of you EVERY minute and we will pray for the weather to cooperate!! Good luck, Pat. Ginny Wilder Cross, Gorham