2017 English Channel swim

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Swim Postponed

I met with my boat pilot this evening.  Weather forecast has improved but the tidal flow is not suited for a "slow" swimmer of 16 hours +.  He recommended waiting until Monday.  The predicted tidal flow is much weaker. I have full confidence in his judgement....I will swim when he give me the go ahead.  In the meantime, we are having a great time. 


Henley18 said...

No point in rushing if weather and tides look better on Monday. So this is a minor dip on the roller coaster.

Pauline said...

Will be looking forward to your post on monday! Relax and have fun this weekend!:) I will be praying for you!
Pauline bc2

bobo said...

Just found this clip - awesome. Praying for good weather and a safe swim.


Jane Hoover said...

Hi Pat, Checking in frequently. Eagerly await Monday with better tidal flow. Slow at 16+ hours? Well,"slow" is a very subjective word. Cuz I know you are one cruisin' hot mama! Go Pat!
Love, Jane